Tuesday 22 January 2008

Rounds of goodbyes

One of the hardest parts of missionary life is all the goodbyes. After 7 months in the UK, I'm a week away from returning to Nairobi, and very much in the thick of seeing people for the last time until I'm next back in about 15 months. It has been great to reconnect with family and existing friends, as well as form new friendships. Hard now to be saying goodbye. A consoling thought is that at the other end of the 8.5 hour flight, there will be quite a number of "Hellos" - or "Jambos"!

2 comments:

deb said...

you're off to a good start! way to go!

musicmom said...

Hi Claire!

This is Heather. I'm excited for your return to Kenya and the orchestra. Part of me wishes I were coming along too. Please greet the orchestra and Anitah, etc. from me.