Wednesday 12 March 2008

On the way to the office ..............

On the way to the office this morning, I saw baboon, giraffe, buffalo, eland, hartebeest, Thomson gazelle, ostrich, zebra, and an eagle (possibly a Martial Eagle). Add to that the sun on the golden grass of the plains, and vast views down to Athi River - what a treat! Wednesday mornings see me commuting into town from Karen, having spent Tuesday nights with friends after home group. Today, I decided to go through the game park rather than sit in traffic on Langata Road with the rest of the commuters. Probably as long time-wise, if not longer, and somewhat bumpier, but certainly way less stressful, and a really wonderful way to start the day. It beats the commute I was doing up to London during furlough, that's for sure!

1 comment:

paulmerrill said...

I must say, Claire, that is a very different commute than any of your colleagues in 'the west'.