Wednesday 6 August 2008

From the office window .................

Sitting at the desk that I’ve been allocated during my time in Bamako, Mali this week, I have a great view, looking down a mud road towards the Niger River. Whilst I am (of course!) hard at work, I can’t help but notice some of the everyday scenes that are taking place outside:
· A group of ladies walking down to the river, huge basins of laundry on their heads.
· People dressed in clothes made out of vibrantly coloured fabrics.
· Men dressed in flowing robes.
· A group of children playing with metal hoops.
· A donkey cart. (In Ouaga, I was particularly amused by the juxtaposition of the scene of a man txting on his mobile phone whilst riding in a cart pulled by a donkey!)
· Some boys during a torrential rainstorm, showering in water that was pouring off a roof.
· Goats wandering the streets.

No comments: