Friday 13 May 2011

Tree-climbing, machete-toting, and outside my window!

 A few weeks ago, I was rather surprised to find several men perched in the trees just outside my 2nd floor dining-room window! They had shinned up barefoot, sent down ropes for their machetes to be attached to and drawn up, and were hacking away at the branches. It was an exercise that went on for at least 2 or 3 days over Easter weekend. I was a little concerned that all the trees would be chopped down, having enjoyed all the birdlife there, plus the leafiness of the outlook. Thankfully, whilst quite a number of branches were lopped (which actually means that my dining room and kitchen are lighter than they used to be), there are plenty left, and the rather splendid African Paradise Flycatcher pair were in evidence again last week.

No comments: